Announcements: November 16, 2017
The Hijacking of The Law
Listen to previous week’s sermons by clicking here.
Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King
Our Song From Age to Age
Christ The Sure and Steady Anchor
We Praise Your Righteousness
Listen to these songs on Spotify by clicking here.
Please make a note of the following changes to our regular schedule.
- No Wednesday evening activities on Wednesday, November 22.
- Office closed starting Wednesday, November 22 through Sunday, November 26.
- No Discipleship Classes on Sunday, November 26.
Enjoy your family during this Thanksgiving weekend. The New Discipleship Classes will start the following Sunday, December 3.
Women’s Christmas Party
Join us for the annual Women’s Christmas party on Saturday, December 2nd, at 5:30 p.m. in the gym! We will be making gift baskets for our shut-ins again this year. If you would like to purchase gifts for the baskets, there will be cards at the Welcome Center with suggested items.
Our second quarter Discipleship Classes will start on Sunday, December 3. The classes that will be offered are:
- Bible - Deuteronomy - (Teachers: Kirby O'Brien & Ryan McGee)
- The book of Deuteronomy contains the final words of Moses to the people of Israel as they await entrance to the Promised Land. Remembering God's great deliverance from Egypt, Moses calls Israel to forsake their past faithlessness and love the Lord with all that they are. This study will help Christians understand that the only hope for obedience to God's commands is the grace of God found in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- Theology - Church History - Part 1 - (Teachers: Brian Joines & Todd Young)
- A study of church history from the Early Church fathers through the Great Divide (8th century). As we use Roger Olson's book on church history we will see a common thread: a concern for salvation--God's redemptive activity in forgiving and transforming sinful human beings.
- Christian Disciplines - Personal Prayer - (Teachers: Joshua Page & David Lewis, Jr.)
- A study on personal prayer from Dick Eastman's book, The Hour That Changes the World. Eastman challenges Christians to spend one hour each day in prayer, and he outlines a twelve-step prayer program to help them accomplish the task. By dividing one hour into twelve five-minute "points of focus," such as praise, waiting, confession, and Scripture praying, believers will develop a more consistent habit of daily prayer.
- Relationships - God, Marriage, & Family - (Teachers: Mike Bauslaugh & Jeremy Sumners)
- A study of a biblical understanding of God's design for marriage, family, and even singleness. The recent rulings on gay marriage and debates on family-related issues have placed study of biblical marriage and family at the forefront of the public eye. More so than at any point in history, we are now confronted with the need to carefully define the meaning of marriage and family. Some of the topics covered are: abortion, contraception, infertility, adoption, singleness, homosexuality, and divorce.
- Leadership - Church Leadership - (Teachers: Shane Parker & Gary Yochum)
- Equipping Oak Park Leaders with a biblical philosophy of leadership, an understanding of Oak Park Philosophy of Ministry, and tools to pour into those they lead.
To register, click here or call the church office 812.283.9400.
Christmas for Christ Service
Our annual Christmas for Christ Service will be held on Sunday, December 10. This is the day we give our first gifts to Jesus by giving to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. For those new to Oak Park, Lottie Moon was an international missionary to China who gave her life to the service of the Lord. We honor her each year at Christmas with a special offering that is given to the work of missionaries around the world. This offering will be in addition to our regular time of giving. Please be in prayer about what the Lord would have you give. Our church goal this year is $20,000. The week of prayer will be December 3-10.
Quarterly Family Business Meeting
Make plans now to attend our next Quarterly Family Business Meeting on Sunday, December 10 at 5:30 pm in the gym. The minutes, financial statements and agenda will be available at the Welcome Center on Sunday, December 3. As always this will be a potluck style dinner.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more updates.