Announcements: October 3, 2016
Due to Greater Clark Fall Break all Wednesday evening activities will be cancelled for the next two Wednesdays. We will resume on Wednesday, October 19 at 6:30 pm.
Southern Indiana Rescue Mission Work Day
Oak Park will be serving at SIRM (Southern Indiana Rescue Mission) on Wednesday, October 12th from 10 am-3 pm with various tasks. If you are able to work alongside the student ministry, contact Joshua Page at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Church Work Day
We will have a work day on Saturday, October 22 from 8:00-12:00. There will be a list of projects at the Welcome Center involving indoor and outdoor projects, cleaning and moving and cleaning things out of the old offices. If you have questions, contact Nick Weaver, nick.Weaver@oakparkbaptist.com or
Our biggest outreach of the year is just around the corner: Our Fall Festival. We want to truly bless our community with this family friendly event. All hands on deck; we need your help! Here are some ways you can contribute:
- Prayer: We’re looking for prayer warriors willing to meet to pray leading up to the event. They will be meeting on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm.
- Candy: Drop off bags of candy in the lobby.
- Canvas the Neighborhood: An army of volunteers are needed on two Saturdays, October 15 & 22, to knock on doors and invite people to the event. Contact Michelle Anderson for more info: email@example.com.
- Soliciting Donations: We need folks to visit local businesses with donation request letters to ask for donations of food, door prizes, etc. Please contact Evelyn Hill for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring Tents: Pop up festival style tents are need for several areas. If you have one you’re willing to loan let us know.
- Volunteer: We’re asking every member of the church to serve if they are able. Community group leaders will soon have more info as to where their groups will be serving.
For more general info, or to serve in planning the event, contact Michelle Anderson: email@example.com or 501-680-0996.