Announcements: May 17, 2018
The Revelation of The Righteousness of God:
Grafted Into Israel
Listen to previous sermons by clicking here.
Hallelujah What a Savior
Lord I need You
Man of Sorrows
O Lord My Rock and My Redeemer
His Mercy Is More
Listen to these songs on Spotify by clicking here.
If you're unable to attend this Sunday, watch the service live on our facebook page (facebook.com/oakparkbaptist)
The Annie Armstrong Easter Offering
Thanks to all who gave to the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North American Missions. We surpassed our goal and to date we have $14,362.00! You can still give till the end of May.
New Discipleship Classes
Our fourth quarter Discipleship Classes will start on Sunday, June 3. The classes that will be offered are:
- Bible - Ezekiel - (Teachers: Nathan Hunter & Corey Holtz)
- Using the Knowing the Bible study guide we will look at Ezekiel's often confusing prophecies, and encourage each other to trust in the God who does not abandon his people but restores the repentant for his glory.
- Theology - Church History Part 2 - (Teachers: Brian Joines & Todd Young)
- A study of the history of the church from the Reformation to today.
- Relationships - Good & Angry - (Teachers: Michael Britton & Jeremy Sumners)
- Anger is our complex human response to things we perceive as wrong in a complex world, thus we must learn how to fruitfully and honestly deal with it. Using David Powlison's book, Good & Angry, we will undertake an in-depth exploration of the roots of anger, moral judgment, and righteous response by looking in a surprising place: God's own anger.
- Leadership - Discipling in the Church - (Teachers: Chase Sears, Kirby O'Brien, Gary Yochum, & Jeremy Sumners)
- This course is aimed at equipping teachers and community group leaders in the church. We'll explore the biblical mandate for discipleship in the church; how we carry this mandate out at Oak Park; and devote ourselves to specific training for teaching classes and leading community groups. Please note this class is a prerequisite to teach a class (children, student, or adults) or lead a community group at OPBC.
To register please click here.
Mission Trip Support
Are you going on a mission trip in the coming months? Please let us know we would love to partner with you and support you! There are scholarships available through the Antioch Fund. Fill out the Mission Trip Support Application by clicking here.
All women are invited to the Women's Fall Retreat being held on Friday evening of August 31 through September 1. We will be heading to Country Lake Christian Retreat in Henryville for an extended time of teaching, worship, fellowship, and refreshment. Cost is $100 and includes all meals, lodging and teaching materials. Registration and payment deadline is August 10. Please visit the women's ministry table in the foyer for more information or to register. A deposit of $25 is required at registration to secure your spot!
Men of Oak Park Baptist
Join us on Saturday, June 9th from 10:30 am - 3:00 pm at Tom Mullins’, Jordan Mullins' dad, place at 5264 Georgetown Greenville Rd, Greenville, IN 47124. We will have a cookout as well as a corn hole tournament and a devotional speaker. This event is for men, but you may bring your sons as well. Please respond by clicking here. This will help us have an idea of how much food to buy. Also, we will need to know if you are interested in participating in the corn hole tournament. Please feel free to bring a friend or neighbor. For more information please contact Marty Pieper at email@example.com.
Quarterly Family Business Meeting
Our next Quarterly Family Business Meeting will be on Sunday, June 3 at 5:30 pm. As always this will be a pitch-in meal.
Join us each Sunday morning at 8:15 am in the young adult Sunday school room #209, located on the second floor. We will be praying for our worship service, our church, the community around us, and the nations.