Announcements: September 22, 2015
The church would like to extend our sympathy to Gary & Betty Purlee in the death of their daughter, and mother of Xavier, Tiffany. Also to Kirby O’Brien in the death of his grandfather and to Michelle Anderson in the death of her mother.
Annual Community Group Leader Training
Community group leaders! The annual community group leader training is coming up this Saturday, October 1, from 8:00 am-12:00 pm. We’ll gather to pray for the ministry, hear about the mission of community groups for the new year, and get training in how to best lead your groups. Breakfast will be provided.
Women’s Discipleship Dinner Groups
The Women’s Ministry invites you to join our new Discipleship Groups that will be forming over the next few weeks! Small groups of women will meet monthly for dinner and Christ-centered conversation in order to encourage one another and build each other up. Sign up at the Welcome Center today.
Jeffersonville Football Partnership
We are inviting the church to show up and support the Jeff football team this Friday at 7:00 pm as they take on their rivals New Albany. The football team will then visit Oak Park next Sunday, October 2. Please go out of your way to connect with them and their families.
Our biggest outreach of the year is just around the corner: Fall Festival, October 29. We want to truly bless our community with this family friendly event. All hands on deck; we need your help! Here are some ways you can contribute:
- Prayer: We’re looking for prayer warriors willing to meet to pray leading up to the event. Contact Nathan Hunter: email@example.com
- Candy: Drop off bags of candy in the lobby in the weeks leading up to the event.
- Canvas the Neighborhood: An army of volunteers are needed on two Saturdays, October 12 & 22, to knock on doors and invite people to the event. Contact Michelle Anderson for more info: firstname.lastname@example.orgSoliciting
- Donations: We need folks to visit local businesses with donation request letters to ask for donations of food, door prizes, etc. Contact Evelyn Hill for more info: email@example.com
- Bring Tents: Pop up festival style tents are need for several areas. If you have one you’re willing to loan let us know.Volunteer: We’re asking every member of the church to serve if they are able. Community group leaders will soon have more info as to where their groups will be serving.
For more general info, or to serve in planning the event, contact Michelle Anderson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone is invited to attend a celebration in honor of Don & Julie James' 60th Anniversary. This will be an Open House on Saturday, October 1, 2016 from 2:00 - 5:00 pm at Oak Park Baptist Church.