Updated COVID-19 Update
Oak Park Family,
It’s no accident that our Lord likens the Christian life to a race that is to be run with endurance (Mat 24:13; Heb 12:1-2). We live in challenging times whereby the curse of sin not only afflicts our bodies (Rom 5:12) but also wages war against our souls (1 Pet 2:11). For this reason, we must continue to hold fast to Christ and encourage one another with his promises as we see the Day drawing near (Heb 10:19-25)!
Practically speaking, this looks like not forsaking the gathering together as the church in worship (Heb 10:25). It’s in this gathering that we continue to honor the Lord’s Day (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor 16:2; Rev 1:10), address one another in song and make melody to the Lord (Eph 5:19), partake in the Lord’s Supper as Christ’s body (1 Cor 11:23-26), and submit ourselves under the authority of God’s word (Acts 2:42; 2 Tim 4:1-2).
Certainly, with the arrival of COVID-19, it is more difficult to obey God’s commands for his church to gather. Furthermore, we should not underestimate the evil one’s schemes to keep us from doing so. For this reason, your pastors have provided several avenues so that you can faithfully participate in the weekly worship of our God and Savior. These outlets include gathering in the worship center; gathering in the gym (w/ greater spacing); and participating via our Live Stream. At the same time, we’ve also put in place several guidelines to help mitigate the unnecessary spread of the virus. These guidelines include:
- Wearing Masks. Masks are required for all church gatherings. Please properly put on your mask before entering the building and keep it on whenever you’re not able to adequately social distance.
- Social Distancing. Strive to maintain six feet between family units whenever possible. This includes fellowshipping before and after the service. When in classrooms or in the worship center, please keep three chairs between each family unit.
- Properly Quarantining. If you have contracted the virus or have knowingly been exposed to someone with it, you are to quarantine for two weeks and remain so until you have obtained a negative COVID test result.
- Staying Home When Sick. If you have a runny nose, fever, or non-allergy related cough, please do not attend any church gatherings.
- Considering the Vulnerable. Those who are within the vulnerable population are to take extreme caution and are highly encouraged to worship via the live stream.
Ultimately, we’re entrusting ourselves to the Lord to protect us as we seek to be faithful in worship and obedience to him. However, we also don’t want to put the Lord to the test. By adhering to these guidelines, we hope to prevent exposing those who may be seriously affected by the virus and limit the chances of being shut down due to an outbreak. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. May we stand firm until the end as we set our sights on Christ the author and perfector of our faith.
More in The Oak Park Blog
November 20, 2020Updated COVID-19 Update
September 2, 2020Pastoral Update: Returning to One Service and Discipleship Classes
March 20, 2020Pastor Update: Our Mission Moving Forward